BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 19, 2009

Santa Catalina & More

Saturday, we went to Santa Catalina to visit some relatives. It felt like such a long drive, especially because we stopped for lunch at the same cafe in Siaton that we stopped at last time and because it started raining midway through the drive. It was a really pretty drive, though, through the mountains and along the oceanside. Once we arrived, we visited my mom's cousins and other relatives who live there, and we didn't leave until it was already past nightfall. On the way home, we stopped in a city outside of Santa Catalina to see its very long boardwalk. We drove up and down the boardwalk trying to measure how long it is before finally giving up, then we drove around the city in the dark and rain looking for a restaurant before giving up on that as well. We finally made it home a little past 8 pm, and we were all exhausted.





























Sunday (yesterday), my godmother flew in from somewhere in Luzon to visit us. She still had a picture I drew for her, like, forever ago. Or it feels like forever ago, at least - 2003. I was either a freshman or sophomore in high school. We visited at the house for a while, before heading downtown and stopping at McDonald's for coffee and sodas. We stayed there long enough to watch the parade for the Buglasan festival to go by and to dance with the fluffy Ronald McDonald mascot that left after the parade to dance with everyone at McDonald's. Afterward, we dropped my godmother off at her family's house, stopped back home for a few minutes, then went back downtown to watch a Dumaguete talent show they put on every Sunday this month, featuring a different school each week. We arrived late, and we had to leave early because my mom thought she dropped her wallet with her driver's license, credit cards, $100, and P500 in it. We searched everywhere, before heading home in the hopes that it was there. It was. My aunt and my mom told me we'd be going back out, since it was barely even into 6 pm at this time, but we never did. Instead, we sat at the house and visited for a while, then had dinner.




Today, it's not even 8 am yet, so nothing eventful has happened. My other aunt and I are supposed to go enroll at one of the gyms downtown today. I've been begging my mom to let me enroll since we got here, as one of my goals going on this trip is to lose weight. I guess she didn't want me going by myself or something. I'm glad to finally go. It'll give me something productive to do, instead of just sitting around the computer all day waiting for us to go somewhere.

0 comments: