BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 23, 2009

Brief Update

Okay, so not much has happened worthy of an update, but we're taking a trip to Cebu tomorrow. I know that if I don't update now, I'll keep putting it off, then I never will! So here goes:

Wednesday, November 18:
I have no memory whatsoever of what happened this day. I guess nothing besides posting the last update? Who knows...

Thursday, November 19:
My aunt left town for work Thursday, so my uncle took my cousins and me to Shakey's (they sell pizza, burgers, milkshakes...that sort of stuff) for dinner. It was awesome because we ordered pretty everything in the menu (calamari, french fries, fried chicken, fried fish, rice, fried potatoes, pizza), and we all shared. Afterward, we went to walk along the Boardwalk because the city has set up and turned on the Christmas tree lights. It's so pretty!



At this point, I remembered that I have a nighttime setting on my camera. /facepalm





Friday, November 20:
My uncle had to work, so I was stuck bored at the house most of the day until my other aunt and uncle (not the ones I'm staying with) came to pick me up. I accompanied them to do some running around in town, then we went back to their house and hung out for a while before grabbing dinner at McDonald's. Afterward, they dropped me back off. And that was pretty much it. I took these pictures are for my honeybear; he'll get get them. :)




Saturday, November 21:
I don't remember what we did during the day; probably nothing. In fact, I'm pretty sure it was nothing. In the evening, though, my aunt and uncle took my cousin Kai Kai and I to the Boulevard (Coco Amigos, the same restaurant we went to before) to watch a cultural dance show a university in the area was performing. It was only like an hour long (was supposed to start at 8, didn't actually start till almost 9 - courtesy of "Filipino time", and ended a little past 10), but it was fun. I tried to record a couple of videos, but my camera ran out of memory. I'll try to post what I have later.


Sunday, November 22 (yesterday):
I went with my aunt, uncle, and cousin to mass. This week is Dumaguete City's festival, so there's a lot going on. After mass, we had dinner at Chowking, a cheap Chinese restaurant. I had some sort of drink...can't remember the name...but it was basically tapioca jelly (the same thing as the tapioca pearls in boba tea, except cut in cubes instead of balls) in an sweetened black tea mixed with slushy ice. Delicioussss.

Monday, November 23 (today):
Today, my friends, I did absolutely NOTHING. I sat around all day, I talked to Bruno for several hours and am even talking to him now, my other aunt and uncle came to have dinner with us, I've been tuning into Moulin Rouge on the TV every so often, and that's pretty much it. Today was the grand opening for Robinson's Mall here in Dumaguete, and we had planned to go. We never did, though, because we heard it was super crowded and that few of the stores were even open anyway. It's just as well - as much as I love shopping, I really hate fighting crowds. I did pack my bags for tomorrow, though. We're going to Cebu till Thursday, and so I'll get to go to the mall there. I'm also going to try to get my Military Ball dress made while we're there. I think we'll have fun. The only thing that sucks is that we're leaving at 4 am tomorrow. There is NOOO way I'm going to be able to get up at 3 am to get ready, but I guess I'll have to unless I want to ride the boat there when the sea is rough. I should get back early Thursday morning, so I'll be able to talk to Bruno his Wednesday night, hopefully. He'll be at home, so it may be hard for him to make time for me. Hopefully, though, I'm crossing my fingers. Talking to him is the highlight of my day! :)

2 comments:

Susanne said...

You're going to Cebu?! That's so awesome. I miss my family there. Be sure to go to the SM mall. It's huge! Is your fiance in the military? My bf was in the AirForce. Good luck on the dress =)

Michelle DuBose said...

We went to SM mall and Ayala! And yes, my fiance is in the Army. :)